Your health and well-being is important to us!
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented the following policies to ensure that we help to keep you, and our staff, as safe as possible while joining us:
- A COVID-19 Control Plan Template, as distributed by the State of RI, is on premises and will be discussed with each employee before they return to work.
- All employees will be required to utilize the employee screening tool worksheet made available by the State of RI. This screening worksheet has been emailed to every staff member for their continued review.
- Employee self-screenings are mandatory prior to arriving for a shift. Any employee experiencing any symptoms will be required to stay home.
- All employees are required to wear a facial mask while at work, at all times. If employees do not have a facial mask, one will be procured for them prior to working.
- All patrons are required to wear a facial mask at all times, while on land. Masks may be removed once the patron is on the kayak and away from the docks.
- Time slots have been adjusted to ensure that patrons aren’t arriving to or returning to the docks at the same time. Our goal here is to have just one patron, or one party, on the docks at one time.
- Online rentals/payments will be required prior to arriving at our docks. Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
- If a walk-up patron wishes to rent a kayak, they will be directed to book online via credit card on their own smartphone while standing on land, or we can do that for them on our own devices.
- Online waivers have been implemented into our reservation platform. This will eliminate paper waivers and the exchange of clipboards and pens between our staff and our patrons.
- Upon arrival, patrons will be greeted on land by a member of our staff. There, patrons will be checked in and our rental guidelines will be discussed. Patrons will be instructed to proceed onto the docks, where a 2nd staff member will assist them.
- Social distancing measures between our staff and patrons will be in effect at all times, when appropriate.
- High-touch surfaces, such as paddles and railings, will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.