Your health and well-being is important to us!
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented the following policies to ensure that we help to keep you, and our staff, as safe as possible while joining us for a paddle:
- A COVID-19 Control Plan Template, as distributed by the State of RI, is on premises and will be discussed with each employee before they return to work.
- All employees will be required to utilize the employee screening tool worksheet made available by the State of RI. This screening worksheet has been emailed to every staff member for their continued review.
- Employee self-screenings are mandatory prior to arriving for a shift. Any employee experiencing any symptoms will be required to stay home.
- All employees are required to wear a facial mask while at work, at all times. If employees do not have a facial mask, one will be procured for them prior to beginning their shift.
- All patrons are required to wear a facial mask while on land. Masks may be removed once the patron is on the kayak and away from the docks.
- Time slots have been adjusted in an attempt to stagger when patrons are arriving to or returning to the docks. Our goal here is to have just one patron, or one party, launching from or returning to the docks at one time. If there is more than one party on the docks at any given time, social distancing will be enforced.
- Online rentals/payments will be required prior to arriving at our docks. Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
- If a walk-up patron wishes to rent a kayak, they will be directed to book their rental online via credit card, on their own device.
- Online waivers have been implemented into our reservation platform. This will eliminate paper waivers and the exchange of clipboards, paper forms and pens between our staff and our patrons.
- Upon arrival, patrons will be greeted on land by a member of our staff. There, patrons will be checked in and our rental guidelines will be discussed. Patrons will be instructed to proceed onto the docks, where a 2nd staff member will assist them.
- Social distancing measures between our staff and patrons will be in effect at all times, and when appropriate.
- High-touch surfaces, such as paddles and railings, will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.