- Single Kayaks
- 45 minute rental
- 75 minute rental
- Tandem Kayaks
- 45 minute rental
- 75 minute rental
CREATE YOUR OWN KAYAK EXPERIENCE IN PROVIDENCE!
Enjoy unique views of downtown Providence with a 45 or 75 minute kayak rental! Our single and tandem kayaks are comfortable, easy to handle, and are appropriate for all experience levels. Visit us at 101 Dyer Street, Providence.
- Walk-ups are always welcome but we strongly suggest that you make advanced reservations, as we often sell out.
- Everyone paddling must sign an e-waiver prior to kayaking. Parents/guardians must sign a waiver for all minors. The link to sign the waiver can be found on your reservation confirmation email. Please sign this prior to arriving, as it will delay your kayaking and cut into your time on the water.
- Weight capacity for our kayaks is 425 lbs.
- Ages 3-4 are welcome in between two adults in a two-person kayak. It’ll be tight, so please make sure this will work for your party. Sorry, children under 3 are not permitted. Total weight capacity: 425 lbs.
- Ages 5+ are welcome in the front seat of a two-person kayak with one adult in the rear seat.
- Ages 12+ are welcome in a single or two-person kayak with an adult paddling in a separate kayak at the same time.
- Ages 18+ are welcome to paddle without an adult present.
- Your leashed dogs are welcome to join you on our kayaks!
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so we can get you out on the water on time. Late arrivals will forfeit that time on the water, as our kayaks are typically booked for the following time slot.
- You must return to the launch site on time, or everyone in your party will be charged for a second rental. We are often sold out, so another customer will be waiting for your kayaks. Please be kind and return on time.
- You may get wet while kayaking. Please dress appropriately!
- A life vest must be worn by all paddlers, at all times. We have them for everyone, but you may also bring your own USCG approved life vest, if you prefer. Our life vests are not waterproof.
- Providence Kayak is not responsible for any belongings that you bring with you, including cell phones and wallets. Please leave your valuables at home. If you choose to bring items with you on the kayaks, you do so at your own risk. Our life vests are not waterproof.
CANCELLATION POLICIES & PARKING INFO
- Customers may reschedule their rental, receive a credit or a full refund with 24 hours advance notice only. Please contact us by telephone at 401-829-1769 to cancel.
- Same-day cancellations, late arrivals and no-shows will be charged the full rental rate and there are no refunds.
- Our rentals are typically still available in light rain and other moderate weather conditions. We may cancel your rental up to one hour prior to the start time, in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If we cancel your rental due to weather, you may reschedule, subject to availability, or receive a full refund.
- We are located inside The Landing at 101 Dyer Street, Providence, RI 02903.
- There are several parking garages, outdoor parking lots and on-street metered parking spaces throughout our neighborhood.
- For our out of town guests, we recommend you take your hotel shuttle, Lyft/Uber, or walk from your hotel, if possible. We are centrally located in downtown and most hotels are within a 15 minute walk from us.
SAVE 10% ON YOUR RENTAL
Use these promo codes at checkout:
- Groups of 6 or more paddling at the same time: GROUP6
- First Responders & Front Line Workers: FIRST (Bring ID)
- Waterplace Condo Residents: WATERPLACE (Bring proof of residency)
- BCBS employees: BCBS (Bring ID)
SAVE $5 OFF YOUR NEXT RENTAL
Help us keep our Providence waterways beautiful by participating in our $5 for 5 campaign! Simply pick up 5 (or more) pieces of trash while paddling, bring it back to the docks and our staff will dispose or recycle it for you. You will then receive a $5 coupon via email that can be applied towards your next rental! Please inquire when at the docks so that our staff can assist you.