Explore the Providence and Woonasquatucket Rivers, Riverwalk, and Waterplace Park as we highlight nautical, historical and architectural points of interest!
- Single Kayaks
- 60 minute rental
- 90 minute rental
- Tandem Kayaks
- 60 minute rental
- 90 minute rental
CREATE YOUR OWN KAYAK EXPERIENCE IN PROVIDENCE!
Enjoy unique views of downtown Providence with a 60 or 90 minute kayak rental! Our single and tandem kayaks are comfortable, easy to handle, and are appropriate for all experience levels. Visit us at our new location at 101 Dyer Street, Providence.
- Our availability is shown in real time. What you see online is what we have available.
- Walk-ups are always welcome, but we strongly suggest that you make reservations in advance.
- Everyone must sign an e-waiver prior to arriving. You’ll receive a link to do this in your confirmation email.
- The weight capacity for our kayaks is 425 lbs.
- Ages 3-4 welcome in between two adults in a tandem kayak. It’ll be tight, so please make sure this will work for your party. Sorry, children under 3 are not permitted. Total weight capacity: 425 lbs.
- Ages 5+ welcome in the front seat of a tandem kayak with one adult in the rear seat.
- Ages 12+ welcome in a single or tandem kayak with an adult paddling in a separate kayak at the same time.
- Ages 18+ welcome to paddle without an adult present.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so we can get you out on the water on time. Late arrivals will forfeit that time on the water, as our kayaks are usually booked for the following time slot.
- You may get wet. Please dress accordingly!
- Your friendly, leashed dogs are welcome to kayak with you. They must be on a leash at all times while on the docks and on land with our staff. Thanks!
- A life vest must be worn by all paddlers, at all times. We have them for everyone, but you may also bring your own, if you prefer. Our life vests are not waterproof.
- Providence Kayak is not responsible for any belongings that you bring with you, including cell phones and wallets. Please leave your valuables at home, we do not have dock storage.
CANCELLATION POLICIES & PARKING INFO
- Customers may reschedule their rental, receive a credit or a full refund with 24 hours advance notice only. Please contact us by telephone at 401-829-1769 to cancel.
- Same-day cancellations and no-shows will be charged the full rental rate.
- Our rentals are typically still available in light rain and other moderate weather conditions. We may cancel your rental up to one hour prior to the start time, in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If we cancel your rental due to weather, you may reschedule, subject to availability, or receive a full refund.
- Our docks are located at 101 Dyer Street, Providence, RI 02903.
- There are several parking garages, outdoor parking lots and on-street metered parking spaces throughout our neighborhood.
- For our out of town guests, we recommend you take your hotel shuttle, Lyft/Uber, or walk from your hotel, if possible. We are centrally located in downtown and most hotels are within a 15 minute walk from us.
SAVE 10% ON YOUR RENTAL
Use these promo codes at checkout:
- Groups of 6 or more paddling at the same time: GROUP6
- First Responders & Front Line Workers: FIRST (Bring ID)
- Waterplace Condo Residents: WATERPLACE (Bring proof of residency)
- BCBS employees: BCBS (Bring ID)
SAVE $5 OFF YOUR NEXT RENTAL
Help us keep our Providence waterways beautiful by participating in our $5 for 5 campaign! Simply pick up 5 (or more) pieces of trash while paddling, bring it back to the docks and our staff will dispose or recycle it for you. You will then receive a $5 coupon via email that can be applied towards your next rental! Please inquire when at the docks so that our staff can assist you.